Saturday 11 April 2020

Staying busy


So in the wake of the Corona Virus comes anxiety and uncertainty and I have been finding my adrenaline racing. With listening to too much news, I am inclined to get depressed and so, I am staying busy. Well, as busy as fibromyalgia and spoons allow.

I am finding by keeping busy that my mind slows down and this brings my blood pressure and heart rate down as well. There is less adrenaline pumping through me. And less angina.

My friend, Mrs Sylvia Britton of Christian HomeKeeper is a very gifted writer. She has blessed me so much with writing her Lists for the chronically ill woman. I follow them most days and they have helped me so much for many years now. 

Sylvia graciously allowed me to post her Lists here and on my other blog and I am eternally grateful.

Recently she has written a post which is so very helpful for us concerning coping with isolation and the Corona Virus.  Once again, she has graciously allowed me to share this with you. Thanks again, my friend.

Sylvia's advice is always scriptural and sensible, and I have found a sense of peace since staying busy.

So today I have:
  1. Done a load of washing
  2. Put it away as well as a load I found in the dryer! :)
  3. Cleaned my kitchen
  4. Made some Jewish Penicillin 
  5. Roasted some chicken drumsticks for dinner
  6. Sorted out our medications for the week
  7. Watched Episode 7 of The Chosen  very moving... 
Highly recommend watching it.  He is our Hope and I am so grateful to Jesus for His sacrifice, His salvation and His grace to me.
My body is hurting with the fibromyalgia flaring, but I would prefer that to sitting fretting about Rona. 
I really think the answer to anxiety sometimes is staying busy.


No comments:

Post a Comment