Wednesday 22 April 2020

June Cleaver's dragging her heels


These last few days my fibromyalgia pain has increased to the point I cannot function without assistance in the home. In fact, just talking to you now has been an effort and typing has seen my muscle and tendons cramp and spasm.

So I will be doing some minimal housework today, just to keep the wheels moving, but I have enlisted some help from my husband.

My focus will be on clearing clothes from my clean laundry tub and cooking something for tonight. Chris will vacuum a bit for me later on.

We both will be doing dishes from last night and whatever accumulates as we eat breakfast and lunch and I cook dinner.

This is the time when I find myself weepy and inclined to lapse into false guilt. For some reason my perfectionism increases as my spoons decrease, and I have to put into practice what I have spoken about and believe: it is not my fault that I am chronically ill and God loves me just the way I am. Thank goodness, it's not about how fast I spin my wheel! 

Today, fibromyalgia has won: I am on a go slow, pacing and napping mode. It is all I can manage to keep awake. Today is going to be a wash out. The wanna be June Cleaver is dragging her heels.


2 comments:

  1. Sending hugs and prayers. I am so sorry you are not feeling well. It has to be so difficult to live with chronic pain. I have only had bouts of pain but it always goes away. I know I'm super grumpy and frustrated with what needs to be done in those time. Praying you can rest in God's love. I am so glad you posted in Grace & Truth. It is an honor to pray for you. Maree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your prayers and understanding, Maree.

      Delete