Thursday 16 April 2020

Calling in my spoons!


It is 14C or 57.2 today which is good weather for being busy. I need to devote today to saving my produce and freezing it and cooking. 

I have bought too much fresh produce and I am not getting to use it before it goes limp. In my crisper are 2 bunches of celery, 2 leeks, 3 halves of pumpkins, 3 lettuces and 2 packets of carrots. Even by making some soups, I will still have too much. The veggies are not mouldy or brown but definitely not crisp- they are limp. 

I will freeze lettuces, celery, pumpkins and carrots and the two bags of brown onions expiring there as well. I have been obviously buying up big in the produce to try to stockpile a bit, but it's all going pear shape! 

I really can't afford to waste my money by throwing it out. I have to freshen them up and prolong their life.

I plan to make some  butter tarts, some sultana muffins, some cookie dough that I can freeze to use on the days when fibromyalgia has me snookered. I will be taking out some lamb steaks to thaw for dinner tonight, which will be steak, mashed potato and peas and gravy.

Mostly it will be a kitchen day today, as long as my spoons allow anyway.  I am sitting here calling in my spoons! 


No comments:

Post a Comment