Tuesday 7 April 2020

Staying home for real comfort.


So like most  of the world at the moment, we are staying at home to help stop the spread of the Corona Virus. 

We have accepted that this will be the new normal for at least six months and with acceptance comes a certain amount of peace.

As we talked about earlier, Chris and I are focussing on making our home a cosy nest. We have been getting a lot done that makes us both glad we have this home to nest in.

I have been cooking things I know Chris loves and have joined the local chemist's phone app for ordering our repeat prescriptions without going in. They make them up, then phone us when we can come and pick them up.

As spoons allow, I am doing my cleaning by zone according to FlyLady  However with my fibromyalgia flaring due to changing weather- lots of rain, that hasn't been a regular thing.

By and large I have enjoyed being home. There's a peace knowing we won't be likely to get Rona and also that by staying home, we in turn will not be passing it on should we get it.

I have been playing scripture in the background and changing to worship music at times as well. Whenever I find I am worried about Rona, I start praying. That is such a wonderful tool and brings an immediate sense of peace.

I have a few things I want to do today:

  1. Do my dinner dishes as I just didn't have the spoons last night.
  2. Bake some scones for afternoon tea
  3. Make another veggie intensive chicken chow mein with rice for dinner
That will probably be it for today as I am feeling extremely sore and tired. Just another reason staying at home is real comfort.


2 comments:

  1. Love the spirit of this post :)
    and in my opinion, Fresh Baked Scones scream comfort to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they screamed comfort to Chris: he nearly ate the whole dozen! I had to grab a couple for myself. Needless to say, they will be repeated! Thanks for commenting, Linda!

      Delete