Tuesday 28 April 2020

The spoons can wait


So today I woke to a few more spoons or energy than lately. I am very grateful for that. I have a few things I want to do with them. 

But much as I want to accomplish my to do list today, I have a phone- or rather an ipad date with my little granddaughter after she's finished her online school lessons.

Like most people today who are in quarantine, I am missing my grandchildren, so needless to say, I am looking forward to speaking to and seeing her today.

The few things on my list today are to make pumpkin soup, some mini quiches and a shepherd's pie for dinner tonight.

I don't know how many spoons that will take me, especially after a lively chat with my little one, but I don't care: what gets done, gets done- what doesn't  get done can wait till tomorrow.

My spoons may think they dictate my life, but they are wrong. I will live it as I please! The spoons can wait! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Glenys, I so agree with your sentiment, "The Spoons Can Wait, especially when it comes to talking to my grandchildren. It is so nice to see the world through the eyes of a child and especially precious during these times of social isolation. Thank you for always joining in at Fibro Fridays and sharing what it's like living with chronic illness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grandchildren are so special aren't they Lee? Thank you for hosting Fibro Fridays and for helping more people to know about the once mysterious affliction called fibromyalgia. Twenty years ago, when I was diagnosed, most people hadn't heard of it. Thanks to people like you, people are now aware of it. Blessings, Glenys

      Delete