Friday 26 June 2020

We are so over it!


Here in Victoria there has been an increase in people getting Corona. Apparently, people who have tested positive have been told to isolate at home, and they have ignored the orders and visited their families. 

We have had clusters of positive results because of this and therefore many of the lessening restrictions that were coming in have been delayed.

Now I love being home and except for rare occasions such as doctor visits and chemist trips, we have been doing what we have been told to do. But for the majority of us Victorians who are doing the right thing, the minority that have not have sent our positive tests up.

Businesses that were tentatively putting their "we are open" signs up have now had to quickly turn them around to read "Closed".

People here are losing their livelihood because of the idiots who think they can win the battle with Rona by doing what they please! These idiots who disobey quarantine rules should be imprisoned for a time. Or fined- or both.

I mean, what sane person who is tested positive would go to their family and give it to them? It just goes to show their selfish mentality.

Don't get me wrong: I am not against us staying home or visiting family- if one is well. But to visit them when positive for Rona is wicked. Nor am I against the government trying to stop the spread.

I am a home body- Chris is as well, but it was all starting to close in on us and we were looking forward to a relaxation of the rules. Now we will be ordering our food online and staying home.

With my fibromyalgia reacting to the stress of a couple of family members having tests for cancer, home is quite a good place to be.

It's just that I was looking forward to a trip to see those family members but it's all been curtailed. So all in all, we aren't very happy.

I never thought I would say this, but I am even sick of my computer... I have cooked a few dishes I wanted to try and done some de-cluttering too. There's nothing much to be done and the boredom is real.

Keep in mind, I love my home and can see the need for isolation once more- It's just a bit overwhelming at the moment- and we are so over this! 


20 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for your frustration... these are trying times, for sure! Stay safe— best wishes from Canada. 🤗Stopping by from #letshavecoffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura. You stay safe too! Blessings, Glenys

      Delete
  2. I can totally understand your frustration. I can't understand how people can be so very selfish. It is especially hard when you are ill as you are, and are worrying about family members who may be ill as well. You are definitely in my thoughts. Thank you for sharing so honestly and openly, and for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Community! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those kind words, April. Blessings, Glenys

      Delete
  3. I am over it too. Saying a prayer for you and hoping you will say one for me. laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have seen total lockdown of a few suburbs in NW Melbourne because of people testing positive and still visiting family and friends. Fortunately we aren't but I am thinking I better get a bit extra in groceries as lockdowns in Victoria are still a possibility. Thanks for commenting today, Lauren. And thanks for prayers.. I will pray for you too. Keep safe!

      Delete
  4. I understand, Glenys. This gets tiring, doesn't it? In my state we are currently hitting new peaks of corona every day. :( Our government is very, very slow to respond, and people are very, very stubborn in resisting proper precautions. The numbers are fruit of that, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it unnerving that some people are treating Corona like it's a joke! We can't win by being ostriches or in denial. Even if numbers of cases are inflated, it's still a killer flu. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, I agree it's very frustrating when most people are doing their best to follow all the guidelines and a small minority are ignoring them and causing the virus to spread. I hope things improve where you are soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to imagine that this thing has worn on so long. Like you, I'm a homebody but it is tiring after a while. Praying for you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Melbourne is now in lockdown again... because of a minority of rebels who think it's a joke and have spread it... thanks for prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here in rural Maine we have very little incidence of disease, but plenty of fear, and my heart is to honor and abate the emotions of my neighbors by being as inoffensive as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my plan too. Plenty of fear for everyone thanks to the media. Nevertheless, we are battling a real enemy in this virus and we have to be vigilant. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Michele.

      Delete
  10. I can totally get your frustration. I think being not able to control something can really mess with you x #globalblogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not only that, but there's fear of the unknown...

      Delete
  11. the boredom is real!! (my husband hears about it...from me!) blessings from CA. where the numbers have spiked and i feel for the small business owners. staying inside bec its the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have to do the right thing, even if it frustrates us no end! Getting worse here in Victoria Australia day by day. :(

      Delete
  12. In the UK we are waiting for a second spike and local lockdowns. People are not being sensible and it is upsetting when some of us are rigidly sticking to the rules. Thanks for linking up with #globalblogging. Please update our badge when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our second spike has come with a vengeance. As you say, people are not being sensible, making the rest of us feel frustrated as the figures of infections rise. I updated your badge on here and my other blog. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Lauren.

      Delete