Monday 8 June 2020

I am wearing my blanket!


We are in our winter here in Australia and where we live in a small country town, it gets very cold. Sometimes it even snows. 

With my thermostat being broken due to fibromyalgia and then being on blood thinners for my stents and antiphospholipid syndrome, my blood is like water and I really feel the cold.

You kinda know your blood is thin when you get a blood test with your husband and when it's standing in vials next to mine, his is dark red and mine is watery pink! So yes, I feel the cold keenly.

Our home is all electric and of course our only heating is electric too. So when the bill came, I gasped when I saw how much it cost! 

When I saw the Oodie on Face Book, I asked Chris if I could have one for my birthday! I ordered it in April but didn't get it until the beginning of June. Just in time for the coldest months in Australia. I figured that if it was as warm as they say, that it would recoup the cost in just one billing cycle!

Now Chris is from England, and he is quite used to the cold and doesn't feel it like I do. When he saw how warm I was without using the little fan heater in my study, he mentioned that he might like one for his birthday!  Since getting older and feeling ill with high sugars and vertigo, he declared that he was now feeling cold too.

So he tried it on and apart from mine being the pink you see in the picture, it was perfect! So I ordered a navy one for him. Size is not a factor as they are made oversize and one size fits all! 

The only problem is that he won't get it until July as they are pre-ordered and very popular here!

They are expensive and I got mine on Afterpay which helps a good deal. We love Afterpay!

Today is Monday and I am doing Sylvia's Lists today as I am feeling under the weather with fibromyalgia flaring. The last few weeks have been stressful, especially the day Chris was taken ill and I thought he had suffered a stroke.

We then had to sort out his new insulin regime which I did, and although he is now improving, I still am suffering rebound fibro flares from the stress.

I am planning to cook lamb strips in a marinade of mongolian beef with green veg and mashed potato for dinner. Depending on Chris's sugars, I will serve some artifically sweetened jelly and sugar free icecream for dessert.

By the way, I am not getting paid to advertise my Oodie. I just wanted to pass on my great comfortable friend for your consideration to anyone here who feels the cold. I really love mine: I can find anywhere is a great place to sit and be cosy as I am wearing my blanket! 

10 comments:

  1. An Oodie looks wonderfully cozy. I'm always cold in the winter months too and would probably love to wear one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're expensive, Lisa, but worth every cent! It's so cold here now: sitting talking to you, it's 2C deg! or 35.6F brrrr

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will post on my FACEbook page nexgt week. [Fibromyalgia-Is It For Real}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Glenys, it's my first time visiting your blog. I'm also an Australian (from Perth) and although I haven't lived there since 2007, I remember how cold winters were. I've lived in Russia since then, and you'd think it would be freezing there, right? Well, it is freezing outside, but the flats there are all heated by the state (cheaply) and sometimes we wore only shorts and a t-shirt inside when it was minus 15 outside! So an Oodie wouldn't be the right thing in a Moscow flat, but I can imagine how warm and comfortable it would be in an Australian winter! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl. We have friends who live in Bulgaria! Thanks for commenting today

      Delete
    2. Hi Glenys, we're in Bucharest right now, but will head to Bulgaria in July when the borders are open and quarantine is over. :-)

      Delete
    3. How lovely! Our friends in Bulgaria have a mushroom farm....

      Delete
    4. Are they Australian? In which part of Bulgaria do they live? I'm really looking forward to going there, it should be a great experience! Have a lovely week. :-)

      Delete
  5. No, they are from the UK. They live in Kurtovo Konare, Plovdiv, Bulgaria

    ReplyDelete