Monday 22 June 2020

Spitting chips!


     spit chips: 

slang To be loudly or vehemently angry. Primarily heard in Australia.Everyone's spitting chips over the recent tax law now, but in a month's time, no one will even remember that it happened.

Although I did get out of bed today, I haven't achieved much. I have managed to sort my dishes out from last night and they are soaking in hot soapy water in the sink.

The washing is still in the hampers, glaring at me when I pass them by, ignoring them as I go to the loo. They will keep! 

I have some minced steak thawing on the kitchen bench and I have no idea what I am going to do with it tonight for dinner. Pot luck! 

How I feel is pretty much the same in the graphic here. I am whacked and in pain that makes it hard to sit and talk to you. My neck and shoulders are killing me.

The rain is really heavy and the temperature is cold. Totally to be expected as it's winter here in Australia. And where we are, it even snows! 

My sister and daughter are Fibromites and are suffering as well, so maybe it's the weather changes..

My plans for baking and icecream making went out the window yesterday and certainly aren't in today's plans. Instead, I am here mentally shaking my fist at fibromyalgia and, sad that I can't do the few things I planned for today, I am sitting here, spitting chips! 


8 comments:

  1. Scheduled both your posts from the link up on my FB page https://www.facebook.com/ggmandy2

    ReplyDelete
  2. So honest, I'd be spitting chips too! Weather here has been poor after a great May, so not best pleased. But here's hoping! #SeniSal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather is still freezing here.. with warm middays, then freezing about 3pm. Thanks for commenting today, Enda.

      Delete
  3. Glenys, I am so sorry you've been feeling so poorly. I don't deal with fibromyalgia, but I know people who do and it's rough. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeanne.. fibro is the biggest pain that never lets up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have days when we "spit chips" - I hope you are finding days that bring blessing and not so much pain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we all have trials. I am trying to find joy in every day- even bad fibro days. I want to live my life, not just endure it. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Linda

      Delete