Thursday 2 April 2020

A neighbourly thing to do.


So I did my grocery shop online yesterday. Sadly, they were out of stock with sugar. So Chris and I went to the supermarket to get that and some other essentials like milk (out of stock) and bread.

No white sugar at all... just dark brown. So there I was thinking all was well with my stocked pantry, only to find I have one small canister of sugar left.

We put out the call to local family and fortunately for us, they have plenty and are willing to share. They are going to leave some for us on our front porch.

Whilst the supermarkets were restocking the shelves, Chris told me that they were unpacking unessentials. All the essential stuff: toilet paper, hand sanitiser, milk, bread, flour and sugar weren't available.

Chris went in by himself and I sat in the car as it's silly to have both of us go in for a few things.  Besides, I was saving my spoons for today. I have some household chores to clean up and it is a race between detemination to get it done and my spoon swallowing flare of fibromyalgia.

So on today's list is:

  1. Folding more washing and putting it away
  2. Doing last night's dishes and this morning's as well
  3. Making some mini quiches to freeze
  4. Making cookie dough also to freeze
I think that will be it for today for my spoons and definitely it will be it for my sugar. Such a small thing until you run out of it. Now I can obviously see that lending a cup of sugar is a neighbourly thing to do.


4 comments:

  1. I love hearing how we can come together during hard times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it just goes to show we can still be together even though it's keeping our distance....

      Delete
  2. I pray that God will stretch our supplies to last, as he did the oil and flour for the widow during the famine so long ago! Glad to connect with you via the Purposeful Faith linkup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am praying that we have sufficient supplies too. We don't know how long this is going to be our new normal do we? Thanks for connecting, Karla

      Delete