Monday 2 March 2020

Not even on my worst day


So today is another day of pain, lethargy and lack of motivation. As soon as I finish this post, I am going to have a nana nap.

I once would have fought going back to bed, but these days I know I have to pace myself and rest or this fibromyalgia flare won't abate.

In accepting my fibromyalgia, I have had to cast my perfectionism aside and just concentrate on basic essentials like meals.

I refuse to give in to false guilt and that has been reinforced by my realising that as soon as I am able, my housework will be done. Besides, it will never ever get to look like these houses in the slideshow that I blogged about today- not even on my worst day. 

Today's to do list is:
  1. Rest
  2. Cook some devilled sausages, mash and veggies for dinner
  3. Do the dishes
This is the least I can do to make sure that our home never looks like one of those.


2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to read you are having a bad day. I know a "nana nap" often rejuvenates me. I hope the same happened to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most times a nana nap helps me cope with evening chores. When a flare is really bad, it doesn't. But I have to take one anyway because my body just wilts and I can't even focus my eyes properly unless I sleep for a bit. Either way, my body demands I take one. I really hate fibro!

      Delete