Monday 19 October 2020

I haven't bothered to do it.

 

These last few days since my last post have been difficult to say the least. With Spring here in Australia, the weather has been at its' most changeable. 

In Melbourne where we live, it is possible to experience all seasons in one day and the joke of the day is to wear a bikini under your raincoat. It plays havoc with Fibromites.

We Fibromites know that inclement or changing weather patterns causes a fibromyalgia flare and for me it has run true to form.

I have been unable to think clearly let alone blog, and the depression that has enveloped me in its' dreariness has made it impossible to rise above the constant background of muscle pain.

By the time I have made our bed and tidied our home in preparation for the nurse from Hospital in the Home to come to change Chris's post op dressing, I am in so much pain that I just want to crawl back into that newly made bed. Sometimes I do.

Still on lockdown with Covid 19, we only go to the chemist or face to face doctors appointments when a phone consultation isn't suitable. And the way I have been feeling, it is more than enough.

It is not uncommon for us to prepare ourselves for a few hours out of the home as if we were planning a vacation. When I say "prepare ourselves" I mean emotionally.

We have to give ourselves a pep talk and conjure up motivation and spoons to leave home. Physically, there's not much to do.

We may or may not shower, depending on how recently we have had one. We get dressed and we rest. Avid clock watchers, we usually leave our departure until the absolute last minute, so loathe are we to venture outside these days. By the time we are no longer in lockdown, I think I will be preferring to stay home.

Close to the hour to depart, I will usually check my hair has been combed and on a really, really good day, I will pull all stops out and put on some lipstick. With mandatory masks, no one is even going to see that these days, so lately I haven't bothered to do it.

16 comments:

  1. I totally prefer to stay home all the time now. I am so very content here despite all the pain/issues. When I go to get out of bed in the morning I say "Stand up stand up for Jesus...ye soldiers of the Lord"....helps some!I return to bed 3-4 times a day...I don't even make it all anymore. We each have a comforter on our king bed and occasionally it might even be smoothed out....living life as real. HUGS to you Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya, Kelly! thanks for taking tea with me today!

      Delete
  2. So sorry to read about your pain, Glenys. Sending gentle hugs and prayers from the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! and thanks for the hugs and prayers!

      Delete
  3. I think a lot of us have backed off on wearing makeup on our masked faces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's just no point in doing it these days is there? Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Michele!

      Delete
  4. I finally remember to wash my masks when i see all the lipstick!! I wear it because my lips get dry. I hope you feel God's comfort and strength today. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I have been seeking Him a lot lately and it's the only thing that keeps me going. I don't know how people who don't know God cope. Thanks for hosting Let's Have Coffee. I love it.

      Delete
  5. Sorry to read about the pain you go through, Glenys. The pandemic is making life even harder for people like you who already go through so much. Hugs and prayers from India.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the hugs and prayers, Corinne- and for taking the time to sip tea with me today!

      Delete
  6. Thank you for inviting us into your life. Saying a prayer for you right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers, Lauren. And thanks for taking time out to take tea with me today!

      Delete
  7. These are such tough times. In every way. It's really been taking a toll on my mental health, whether I am at home or whether I have to get out. Everything feels more complicated. I am learning a lot about myself (some I'd rather not know!). Hoping you are able to get what you need, physically and emotionally, with more ease this coming week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you too are suffering, Lisa. A whole family I have come to know and love in the States are struck down with Covid. My dear friend is 80 and is now in hospital. There's so much to pray for isn't there? I will add you to my prayer list as well, Lisa. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today.

      Delete