Monday 30 March 2020

Enjoying my time in the kitchen


So we have a lovely large kitchen which is a novelty for me. There's so much storage space and lots of drawers and  bench space. I love it.

It's just as well I am enjoying my kitchen because I have been doing a lot of cooking from scratch here. With the Corona Virus, and not wanting to shop too often, I am trying to rotate and use the oldest vegetables and canned stuff first.

Being at home all day, I have endeavoured to make Chris things he enjoys eating. There's nothing like the smell of a cake cooking or a soup simmering. It's important to me that I cook nourishing meals no matter whether we are isolated at home or not. 

I have some things that I haven't completed from the previous days, and hopefully my spoons will be sufficient to get the jobs done. On my to do list still are:

  1. Fold clothes from yesterday and put them away
  2. Mop the vinyl areas
  3. Cook a shepherd's pie with mashed potato and peas for dinner
I already have cleaned the toilet and done a load of washing and sorted out our weeks' worth of medication. I also have made some pumpkin soup just to keep on the stove.

By keeping a blog like this, I can see areas that I have to still do or have fallen down on. Oh yes: and to remind myself on bluer days how much I am enjoying my time in the kitchen! lol 




8 comments:

  1. I think this is a good time in history to create comfortable space for our family to gather and to make homey meals as a special treat when so much is being cancelled and closed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Michele I agree. Something nice to eat is something to look forward to.

      Delete
  2. So true that in these days of having to stay home, we all are finding some overlooked cleaning which beckons us :) May you stay safe and healthy this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of fun too.... you stay safe as well, Joanne.

      Delete
  3. Your kitchen looks so warm and inviting. I have been busier around my house and in the kitchen as well. I have actually enjoyed it! Visiting from #senisal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't enjoy cooking per se, but I love to see Chris enjoy his meals. Plus I like to eat- which is a big motivator to cook! lol

      Delete
  4. Nothing better than a great kitchen. Yours sounds lovely. I cook a lot. It's such a cathartic experience that totally relaxes me. I find great joy in creating dishes from scratch. Like you, my focus is on cooking nutritious wholesome meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still getting used to having room to dish up meals and keep my slow cookers etc. It helps to like your kitchen... :)

      Delete