Sunday 31 January 2021

I hope his mother's not nearby!


So I went into my laundry to check on my dryer. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw something move very, very fast from Xena's litter tray area.

Moving the laundry hamper out of the way, I saw a brown baby snake. He looked like a worm but he had a fat head of the snake variety.

I knew it wasn't a worm because he was too fast and as I watched him, he slithered back under the door into the back yard.

Flinging open the door, I thumped my broom to scare him away, but he had already disappeared. Probably under the house.

There's a half inch gap under the back door. Enough for a baby snake to get in. Chris is going to fix a metal door draught stopper strip along the underside of it.

It's made me slightly (much) frightened. Not that I wasn't expecting to run into a snake eventually with living in the country. I just didn't expect that it would be in my home!

I hate snakes and confess to momentarily thinking of moving or burning the house down! But I quickly came to my senses.  I hope his mother's not nearby! 


2 comments:

  1. At least living in the UK I'm highly unlikely to have this happen! I used to have a really bad snake phobia, if I turned a page in a book and saw a picture I would drop the book level bad. But I decided to try and concur it so I started watching the YouTube channel of a snake keeper and now I can comfortably watch them on screen (the movies and the scary music have a lot to answer for). The big test will be in the future going to a reptile house and seeing how close I can get in real life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Susan, you are braver than me! The fear is strong in this one! I simply will have a heart attack if I were to touch a snake... but I do admire you for going to the reptile house. Thanks for taking tea with me today!

    ReplyDelete