Friday 29 January 2021

Another repeat: flarus maximus

 


I am beside myself in pain with my fibromyalgia. My muscles are feeling like they are being shredded as I move them. It is agony to extend them and typing kills me...

The weather has been inclement- very changeable with summer/winter in one day and frequent showers. It plays havoc with my fibromyalgia.

I am done in. Truly done in. I cannot stand the pain and need to sleep forever... yes. forever. just to escape. the. pain. and I painfully talk to you,  tapping out letters like a woodpecker. 

The depression and sense of failure threatens to overwhelm my consciousness: I have no friends to speak of for I only have enough emotional energy today to try to continue to exist without taking all of Chris's Tramadol as a desperate way of going on... or not.

It's a lonely path.  However,  I just realised that I do have a friend who requires no emotion of me: my bed. Yes it's my one only true friend at the moment.  I am giving in. Today is going to be cancelled due to my "flarus maximus".


2 comments:

  1. I am so glad I read this today. I am SO.THERE. I thank the Lord daily for my bed...it is the ONLY comfortable place for me. No chairs etc are comfortable. It is debilitating to the maximus. So thankful the internet keeps us all encouraging one another if only by sharing that we are much the same in this journey of pain. Love you dear Sister....Kelly T.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it helps to know we are not alone in our struggles. Nowhere I sit is comfortable either. Fibromyalgia alone is the pits, other issues thrown into the mix just make for a truly hard road to travel in life. Praying for a respite for you too... glad to share a cuppa with you today, Kelly. \0/

      Delete