Sunday 24 January 2021

I just want to stay in bed!


So today I woke with everything aching and no spoons. Yes, another flare of fibromyalgia. Actually, I am pretty sure my body is permanently flaring, it's just a bad day. Another one.

Everything within me says that I should stay in bed, but today is our grandson's birthday and a BBQ has been organised. I simply have to go.

So far, I have showered, dressed and breakfasted. The shower almost killed me this morning. The water felt like thousands of needles pricking my sensitive skin and it was a real effort to raise my arms to wash my hair.

I was so worn out by the end of my drying off that I had to lay down for a bit. Dressing came much later, as did taking our bloods and administering Chris's insulin injection.

We have to leave soon and we are fortunate in that our hosts live close by. A long drive today would be too off putting and we usually love going on long drives. But not today.

When we get home I will be doing a light dinner for us and that is all. It has to be. And I have to be content with that.

Fellow fibromites will know that when you have no spoons, even breathing is an effort. If it wasn't for making memories today, I would be content with posting this and going to bed. I just want to stay in bed! 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I would love to do that to. Stay in bed. I have no stamina or motivation either one. Just taking one moment at a time. The weather here is so unpredictable anymore I feel like flares are a way of life too. Love KellyT

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have unpredictable weather- all seasons in one day sometimes! I am sure it plays havoc with our fibro!

    ReplyDelete