Thursday 27 February 2020

Done and dusted


So as you know, I spent nearly all of yesterday in bed, recovering from a fibromyalgia flare. When I crawled back to bed last night, I fell asleep dreaming of waking with spoons and planning what I would do in the morning.

When I woke up this morning, I felt just like this picture portrays: today is going to be more of the same.

So on today's to do list is:

  1. Rest and medication
  2. Prepare a salad to go with tonight's frozen lasagna
I know if I don't rest up that this flare will drag on. My home needs some attention, but I can hardly lift my head.  I want this flare to be like my house: done and dusted.


6 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even imagine life with a chronic illness like that. I know when my back flares up, I'm done before I even begin. Blessings to you in your day of rest. The dust will definitely wait for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes back pain is the pits too. Sorry you are suffering with that. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Michele.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry to read about your fibromyalgia flare. I have had days when I feel just like the woman in the photo.All you can do on days like these is rest. I am hoping you feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for those kind wishes! Sometimes it is hard to know if it is just the fibro or a flare of fibro. Especially when each day- all day, one suffers pain. Thanks for having a cuppa with me today!

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry you are going through this. That picture is such a true depiction of a Fibro flare. I have told my husband many times that I feel like I have been run over by an 18-wheeler. I hope you feel better soon and can get back to your "normal" life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have told my husband the same! I am slightly better than last week and for that I am very grateful! Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Unknown. Please come share with me again and bring your first name. You sound like a kindred spirit to me! :)

      Delete