Friday 14 February 2020

We are it!


Tomorrow night we are having guests for dinner. I am pacing myself so as to not use all my spoons today and be unwell tomorrow.

The last couple of days I have had severe fibromyalgia and have had to push myself to get to doctors and chemists. I have let the dishes go a bit and there's about 4 loads of washing to do today. In spite of my resolve to use the dryer, the weather's been so nice today(28C) that I have hung a load of clothes out on my clothesline. 

Today is the second day of my new diabetes medication: (Forxiga). Yesterday I felt a bit nauseous on it, but today is a bit better. My sugars this morning were still high: 9.2. But I guess it will have to be at least a fortnight before I see any change.

The doctor said my magnesium levels were low but he just kept on talking about the other results... I am wondering if I should buy some magnesium tablets. Apparently cramps and muscle/joint pain can come from lack of it...

Tomorrow I plan to serve roasted chicken, potatoes and vegetables in chicken gravy. Followed by creme caramel for desert. I can prepare that tomorrow..

For today I am following the Fridays' List and my to do list looks like this:

  1. Do a load of washing
  2. Wash dishes, let dry and put them away
  3. Cook pork chops in the slow cooker for dinner. I will serve them with Spanish rice and veg
I have run out of spoons already, so I will try to have a nana nap in order to be able to finish the days' few chores. I really don't feel like doing anything, but we Sacrificial Home Keepers can't always act the way we feel: exhausted. So, we push on because we know the Fairy God Mother isn't coming: we are it! 



4 comments:

  1. Roasted chicken and all the trimmings sounds oh so good right about now, Glenys.

    Having come through a season of severe pain, I certainly do hear your heart.

    Bless you ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, that fare seemed like the easiest thing to do. Fortunately, I know my guests love chicken too! I am sorry you have tasted the bitter cup of severe pain. Thanks for commenting today.

      Delete
  2. One of my words for the month is energy because I often feel the lack of it. I admire your determination to invite guests over for dinner despite not feeling well. May you be blessed through your company!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I am sorry you have no energy either. With me, my life is a constant lack of spoons and I figured if I don't have people over, I will miss out on the good things in life. I am thinking that roast chicken will be easy to do, and the rest should be catching up and playing UNO. I love UNO. And Candy Crush. But that's not a social game. Our guests are sweet people and I am looking forward to seeing them. Thanks for commenting today.

      Delete