Friday 14 May 2021

I am very grateful!


I am feeling excited today because I actually feel human. I even have a few spoons! This is so unusual that I feel like throwing a party! 

The Prednisolone has helped me get over my polymyalgia rheumatica and fibromyalgia flares and I am weaning off them. My blood pressure is coming down too.

It probably is because Chris had a good report from the doctor on Wednesday. Fluid in his lungs, on his legs and feet is gone. Bloods are better as are his sugars. Just high BP but not overly worrying.. He's sleeping in bed again... so. very. grateful! 

Those of us who are chronically ill know that stress exacerbates our illness and it certainly was the case the past fortnight. 

I am keeping up with the dishes as I mentioned a few days ago and I am pleased to report to you that they are still under control.

Today I have done a load of washing and I am presently washing and bleaching all my towels as I have been chucking them in the washer without sorting the wash and they are a horrible grey colour.

With the dryer my spoons will not be taxed too much. I am doing roast chicken, roast potatoes, and vegetables for dinner.

An old hand at pacing myself so as not to burn out for tomorrow, I will be resisting the urge to do more than I should.

In the recesses of my mind, I can vaguely remember that feeling of joie de vie that comes with youth and health. It's almost how I feel today. I am very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment