Saturday 5 September 2020

Spring has sprung



I let Xena out this morning and was greeted by a lovely warm day with cherry blossoms on the tree in our neighbour's back yard.

Xena ran to the plastic box of rainwater we leave for the birds to drink and bathe in. She loves fresh rainwater.

The birds started calling immediately they saw me, expecting something to eat. They usually gather en masse and call together, which frightens our timid cat away.

So as soon as she finished drinking, she ran off to the side of the house where she could get some sun in peace.

We have some lovely sunny days forecast for this week and it does the soul good. As does seeing all the trees in bud, blooming white or pink blossoms all along the 20 km drive to the closest town.

I love fresh air, and it has been a joy to throw our windows open and let the breeze and sunshine in. With being home 90% of the week, I can think of no nicer place to be than here when spring has sprung.

2 comments:

  1. Spring is lovely and your description makes me wish for the same. Over here in the UK, it's the beginning of Autumn but it's not too cold yet. Visiting from Inspire Me Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today was such a lovely day. I love spring and autumn! Thanks for taking tea with me today, Wemi!

    ReplyDelete