Monday 28 September 2020

Hit by a truck!

 

Things are pretty bad here in Victoria. We have been in lockdown for months now and in spite of low numbers of new cases and deaths mainly related to aged care facilities being hit with Covid, our Premier is in no hurry to ease the restrictions. 

I haven't seen my family for about 3 months now.  We are country so our restrictions are stage 3, they are suburban with more cases so they are on the stage 4.  The borders are patrolled by police.

Chris and I are staying home except to go to the chemist and for a drive when we are going stir crazy. We are allowed to go for a drive as long as we stay in our general municipality. 

People in Victoria are desperate. There won't be many businesses to reopen when he finally allows it. The Premier is giving a live broadcast soon... I hope it's a lessening of restrictions.

With my fibromyalgia flaring due to imclement weather, I am trying to keep my peace and have a quiet and undisturbed spirit.

I am wearing my Oodie with the hood up so as to keep my neck and shoulders warm. They are aching so badly that I can hardly turn my head.

Most times because of my fibro pain, I am happy to stay at home. Especially nice at the moment is our new mattress which is more plush than our older one which will go into the guest room. 

It helps with my muscle pain and anything that helps is just the ticket for when fibromyalgia makes even laying down a painful chore.

Today I am resting and doing just the essentials in our home. I will be cooking a vegetable intensive stew for dinner. Nothing that requires a lot of preparation.

I will be doing some bible study later on and just vegging in my Oodie. Not much on my to do list today, which is just as well when one feels like they have been hit by a truck! 


6 comments:

  1. So sorry for your pain, but grateful for the positive attitude I hear under it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we do not try to keep positive, life with fibromyalgia is endured, not lived well. I want to live well. Thank you for sharing another cuppa, Michele.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry you are having a rough time. Grateful for the Word that brings peace and comfort even in the midst of feeling you have been hit by a truck! grace and peace to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that I feel worse if I allow my pain or outside circumstances to dictate my mood. I cherish peace and am trying to retain a calm and gentle spirit. Many thanks for pouring our tea today, Mariel.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry things are so hard, and I hope the restrictions ease for you soon. I'm in Scotland and restrictions have been tightened a lot again in the last week with the prospect of them being in place for several months so I relate to your frustration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping that the restrictions will be over by Christmas as a lot of people will rebel if they can't see their family. Thanks for taking tea with me today, Lesley!

      Delete