Monday 21 June 2021

Even pleasant times are draining


Yesterday we had Chris's daughter come for his birthday which was Saturday. She brought a cake and a gift- the top fitted perfectly, but the slippers were too tight for his swollen feet.

Tomorrow we will go and exchange them as I have the docket. We were going to Kmart as Chris was given a gift voucher from my daughter, but he is feeling tired today, so we will make it another day. 

Chronic illness dictates our lives now. Chris with his heart failure and me with my fibromyalgia. Spoons are dictators that seek to keep us immobile with no social outlets. 

These days, we are fortunate in that people come to us. Over the years, they have realised that often it is impossible for us to leave our home to visit them- especially if there is a time-table. One just never knows how many spoons will be available on any day-not until the morning at the earliest.

I only have basic house chores today as all the washing and dishes are caught up. So that will be all I have to worry about with no spoons available today.

It's funny how even pleasant times can drain one of spoons...


Above is a picture of Chris and our grandson Lachlan who also shared his birthday with Grandpa. 



4 comments:

  1. May God continue to give each of you the strength and energy you need each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so identified with this dear Glenys, I was shaking my head in agreement thru your whole post.
    Happy Birthday to Chris! That cake looks so good!
    I'm glad you have each other and that your family has finally understood and will come to you!
    Warm loving hugs to you both...and peanut butter on your toast..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Joanne. That's our prayer too these days! Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I know who anonymous is: peanut butter on our toast... gives it away! LOL Thanks for the birthday wishes for Chris. He had a lovely 71st birthday. By the way, it's Vegemite all the way for the two of us hahaha.... Mona! xx

    ReplyDelete