Friday, 31 July 2026

Chronic illness is strange.


 

Chronic illness is strange.
One day I can clean the house, play with my kids, make dinner, and almost feel like myself.
The next day, brushing my hair feels impossible.
That’s the part people don’t see.
It’s not laziness.
It’s not a lack of motivation.
It’s a body that doesn’t keep its promises.
I never know what version of myself I’ll wake up to.
So if I cancel plans…
If the laundry sits another day…
If dinner comes from the freezer…
If my kids get an extra movie day…
It’s not because I don’t care.
It’s because I’m spending every ounce of energy I have just trying to make it through the day.
Chronic illness teaches you to celebrate things healthy people never have to think about.
A shower.
A trip to the grocery store.
Making it through an afternoon without needing to lie down.
If you woke up today and your body fought you every step of the way, I’m proud of you for making it this far.
Some days surviving is the victory. by Makenzie Taylor


Blessings, Glenys





No comments:

Post a Comment