Friday 31 January 2020

Welcome


Welcome to my new blog.  I am Glenys Robyn Hicks, an Australian Christian wife married to Chris, and a great-grandmother. 

I  love to  encourage  Christian women,   especially those of us who through distance,   illness or disability,  find ourselves lonely and longing for some fellowship with like minded women... 

With a myriad of health issues ranging from life-threatening to annoying,  I write about chronic illness with the authority and empathy that comes from walking that sad path daily. 

Why do I call my blog Sacrificial Home Keeper? you ask. Because anyone who manages a home whilst suffering a disability or illness sacrifices her comfort to do so. We often make the effort and overextend ourselves for our loved ones. Managing our home is a sacrifice for us..

Sacrificial  Home  Keeper  usually  through  necessity has  to  spend quite  a  lot of time  at  home. Home becomes even more important to us than to those people I call the "normals". People who have good health and energy. So we need to maintain it as well as we are able, according to how many spoons we have each day.

This blog is for me to encourage myself, organise and manage my home and create. You are welcome to follow me and comment if you wish.  I will answer each comment as time and spoons permit.

My other blog is Morning Cuppas With Glenys to encourage sick Christian women in their calling



I will be posting pictures of our home in the country, so please do not copy them. 

Disclaimer: I have no medical training whatsoever. Please consult your own medical practitioner for your health concerns.  This site is non-denominational.

No comments:

Post a Comment