Friday 12 February 2021

Just when we came up for air!

 

So today I had just finished ordering my groceries online when I received the news that all of our home state, Victoria, is going into a five day lockdown starting tonight at midnight. It was a snap decision.

I have been preparing for this, so it didn't catch us unawares. Well, the timing caught us unaware, but the possibility that we could be forced to stay home again didn't.

Since the lifting of restrictions that saw us locked down for nine months, I have been gradually adding extra tinned foods, non perishables and drinks to our pantry. 

I have been gradually getting extra prescriptions and insulin injections made up in case of another snap decision by the Victorian government to enforce a lockdown. I am glad I did.

Although it is supposed to be for five days, with this virus mutating and so on, one never knows. It is  best to be prepared.

With no visitors allowed to our home and nowhere to go,  it will be easy to recover from my most recent fibromyalgia flare that has seen me unable to think clearly, let alone write a blog post. 

I won't be feeling guilty for going to bed during the day, but even so, I would prefer the freedom to come or go as I feel led. 

We Victorians are getting old hands at being cooped up at home and it can be depressing. Especially as we were just starting to relax and relish going for drives and visiting family. 

It was certainly a lovely time and we should have known it wouldn't last long. Typical of events with this horrid virus... it took us back to nine months lockdown just past and coming just when we came up for air!



   

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the same. I get outside a decent amount, but I'm really not seen a friend in person is a year. I've just heard that vaccines in the states should be available for everyone by April. I'm in the final phase for getting one, it seems. I can't wait. Wonder if that will be the resolution, though, with the variations seemingly getting more complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is mutating at an alarming pace. Makes one wonder if the vaccine is worth getting if the strain is changing constantly. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Katie!

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry Glenys. It sure does stink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell myself it is what it is, but yes, it sure does stink! Thanks for taking tea with me today, Helen!

    ReplyDelete