Wednesday 17 February 2021

I am going to stay in bed.

 

Some days don't go well. Like today. 

My fibromyalgia was paining me badly and I was so tired that I could hardly breathe. But I really wanted to bake some no knead bread to accompany my pea and ham soup for dinner tonight.

I prepared the soup and decided to do it in the slow cooker. Knowing I had a flare and practically no spoons, I bought all pre diced onions and garlic and carrots and as far as the preparation went, it was not too taxing on me.

Covering the dough to proof, I made Chris and I a cup of tea and literally crashed into bed for a nana nap.

Coming out a bit later,  putting  the dough into the dutch oven, I bent down to get something out of my cupboard- my back seized on me and I couldn't rise back up. Leaning on the cupboard door, there was an almighty crack and the pine gave way and the door broke off from the hinges. I felt so upset.

I decided to check on the soup and to my horror, I saw that I had forgotten to turn the power on by the power plug. It was far too late to set it going for dinner time. 

Because I had no energy, I asked Chris to transport the crockpot of prepared soup to the fridge. I just didn't trust myself.

It's so true that the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. No truer word ever for a fibromyalgia sufferer. 

I am hoping tomorrow will be better. If not, I am going to stay in bed.



6 comments:

  1. My mom has fibro too. And arthritis in her spine. I can only imagine what life is like for those with chronic illness. Prayers & hugs today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel sorry for your mum, Barb. I have ankylosing spondylitis and sometimes it grabs me. I didn't realise I had placed that much weight on the door that it broke it.Thanks for your prayers and hugs and for sharing a cuppa with me today!

      Delete
  2. I do hope you're feeling better and that soup is in the crockpot simmering away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still in a flare, but have remembered to switch the power on this time! I was so annoyed with myself yesterday, Susan. Thanks for taking tea with me today!

      Delete
  3. I can completely relate and today I am in bed and everything in the kitchen was a disaster!I feel useless and angry and sad all mixed up together. Getting older and having fibro and other conditions and not much help is not fun. sorry to be a grouch but tomorrow is another day... hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand, Lee. As do I. You said it exactly how I feel. Thanks for having a cuppa with me today!

      Delete