Sunday 5 July 2020

Rattling those pots and pans


So I had a few spoons today and decided to follow my favourite recipe for no knead bread.  You may recall I bought these appliances with my economic booster courtesy of the Australian government. 

The bread recipe calls for a Dutch Oven and I don't have one, so I used the casserole dish and it did the job beautifully. The bread turned out to be so yummy and we will eat it with a minestrone soup for dinner tonight.

I also have made  icecream using Monkfruit sweetener. It is in the freezer as I type, getting ready to be tonight's no sugar low carb dessert!

I have been preparing our guest room because tomorrow we will be blessed with our little granddaughter's company for a few days. Boy, have I missed her! Our postcodes are not under lockdown with the Corona restrictions, but it's anyone's guess when or if we will be back to lockdown as well. So we are getting her now before it happens.

Housework-wise, I am following each day's work on Sylvia's Lists. I still have bad fibromyalgia, but we are getting there slowly and I am at last ratting those new pots and pans. 


2 comments:

  1. I found a recipe for a "no knead iron skillet" bread. My husband teased me no end, with a bad Italian accent and said, "no need skillet"?? The oven will be a mess. I keep telling that smart alec that I am keeping him and he just grins. The bread was delicious too, it had cheddar cheese and a butter milk quality, even though there was no buttermilk. Hope you enjoyed your bread as much as I enjoyed mine. It toasts well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bread sounds nice. We enjoyed the no knead bread so much that I make it nearly every day! Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Michele!

    ReplyDelete