Saturday 12 March 2022

This too will pass

 

It's been nearly a week without spoons. I have absolutely no energy to speak of and have just been focussing on keeping the clothes washed, kitchen clean and cooking.

I suppose it's my fault. With some recent spoons, I probably overdid it and hence the Flare of Flares. It's sort of predictable with fibromyalgia. But I was hoping to break out of the pain/fatigue cycle. I haven't.
 
The doctor has become concerned about my blood pressure being high 160/90 and has been trying to get me to give myself a once a week injection of a drug that's supposed to help me lose weight as well as keep the sugars low. I don't want it.

My feelings are that once you inject something, you have to put up with any side-effects for another week, unlike oral tablets that you have some control over. You can stop taking them: not so with injections. Yes, you can stop using them but the chemical is in your system for a week.

I am sick enough with the antibiotics I am taking for suspected cellulitis in my leg. They are very rugged and have given me thrush as well. But I need to finish the course to heal my leg.

So because I have an infection, I am listening to my body and taking a nana nap if I need it. And I don't feel guilty for napping.

I am trying to keep upbeat and not stress too much. It's hard for me as Chris is suffering with his heart failure as well.

I know better days must come and that's why I chose the picture above. With prayer and leaning on the LORD, this phrase often comes to mind:  "this too will pass" and it will- eventually. 




4 comments:

  1. With all that you have going on healthwise i love your attitude. Thanks for always taking time to join in at Fibro Friday at Fibro Blogger Directory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having these mediums to join. It's so comforting to know that there are Fibromites who understand and who try to help when asked. It is a lovely group. Chronic illness can be so isolating and it's so nice to talk to others. It feels less lonely...

      Delete
  2. Glenys, I am sorry for the challenging days both you and Chris are facing. I pray the Lord will bring better health as He continues to fill you with strength and hope.

    ReplyDelete