Tuesday 23 March 2021

The only blessing about getting old

 

It's Tuesday morning here. I have our cleaning lady coming at ten. Before she gets here, I want to tidy the house and get a load of washing done. 

She usually vacuums and mops the floors and cleans the bathroom for me. As an aged pensioner, the government has certain home care packages for the aged and I have been approved for one. I do pay a fee for her services, but it is subsidised through the government Aged Care Plan. 

I consider myself blessed beyond measure. Those jobs are ones I can no longer do and as Chris is quite unwell himself, I don't even ask him to attempt to do them. 

Having home help is not a matter of being lazy- with fibromyalgia, heart and spinal issues and arthritis, there are a lot of tasks I just cannot do anymore. 

As I have written before, I am grateful for all my labour saving devices and the Home Package Care Plan I qualified for.

I think it's the only blessing about getting old...

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad God opened a door for you to receive this help. It must be such a blessing to you and your husband!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a blessing to both of us. I didn't know about it until I had to fill in some medical papers and the nurse told me I would qualify for an Aged Care Home Care Plan. It has taken a lot of pressure off me trying to keep a nice home. Thanks for sharing a cuppa with me today, Jeanne!

      Delete
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having help around the house, especially when you are not feeling your best. Honestly, I have had a cleaner when I can (I don't feel comfortable right now with COVID-19) and will definitely do so again, and I am in very good health. I am so glad you are able to get help! Thank you for being a part of the Hearth and Soul Link Party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing about cleaners... Quite often I have to convince myself that it is OK to accept help like that. Our home is always clean enough to be healthy and reasonably tidy, even though we really live in our home and don't go out much (through illness and choice) I understand about the Covid 19 thing, but our cleaner wears a mask and socially distances... I have had times without a cleaner and it's mainly the shower and floors that suffer. I manage to do anything that's waist height, but hoovering and washing floors is impossible for me now... Thanks for hosting Hearth and Soul Link Party. I look forward to reading your posts... Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete