Saturday 13 March 2021

Thank God I am just passing through

 

 
These last few weeks I have been in so much pain thanks to my fibromyalgia that I sometimes cry. 
 
Added to all the usual pains of fibro, my hands have now succumbed to arthritis to the point that they are bent like a claw.  My rheumatologist took bloods and an Xray and told me I have osteoarthritis in the hands.
 
It  is progressively getting worse and the pain is overwhelming. My thumb is so sore under the base and I can no longer pick anything up as my thumb will not bend at all.

I have so much pain these days that I often become depressed and cry for just one day of no pain. But that day never comes. I go to bed in severe pain and I wake even worse as the morning stiffness so common in fibromyalgia takes hold of me.

My rheumatologist confessed to me that she there isn't a lot she can do for me and I find my self in despair.

I love the scripture verse in the picture above. It reminds me that this world and therefore, this pain, will pass one day. That thought gets me through some days.

There's a better place in the horizon for all believers and I am grateful for that. LORD knows, I am ready to enjoy a pain free life.

I thank God I am just passing through this sad old world.
 

 

4 comments:

  1. Dear Glenys, so sorry to read about all your extra pains. Love and hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hope also is in the next life. Pain will one day be no more! Its all I can do to go hour to hour. I miss not being able to do lots of things.

    ReplyDelete