Tuesday 22 December 2020

Today is going to be cancelled

 


I am beside myself in pain with my fibromyalgia. My muscles are feeling like they are being shredded as I move them. It is agony to extend them and typing kills me...

The weather has been inclement- very changeable with summer/winter in one day and frequent showers. It plays havoc with my fibromyalgia.

With Christmas so close, I am trying to visit family so that all the family have been seen without trying to do it all in one day, but with today's pain, I am not sure if our visit to my granddaughter is going to happen.

I am done in. Truly done in. I cannot stand the pain and need to sleep forever... yes. forever. just to escape. the. pain. and I painfully talk to you,  tapping out letters like a woodpecker. 

Driving Chris home from his heart scan yesterday has pulled every muscle in my neck, back, shoulders and arms and my legs hurt from trying to reach the pedals to drive. I cannot lift them to walk. Even my eyes hurt.

The depression and sense of failure threatens to overwhelm my consciousness: I have no friends to speak of for I only have enough emotional energy today to try to continue to exist without taking all of Chris's Tramadol as a desperate way of going on...

It's a lonely path.  However,  I just realised that I do have a friend who requires no emotion of me: my bed. Yes it's my one only true friend at the moment.  I am giving in. Today is going to be cancelled.


4 comments:

  1. Glenys my dear friend rest and sleep and while you do that we will pray for comfort and for the pain to go live somewhere else...like the next town over in a ditch. You are so loved

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very honest post, thanks Glenys from the many people who have been here. You remind me to be thankful for my bed when feeling so struck down by chronic illness. hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lee. I managed to get through Christmas but I should have won an academy award. I smiled and acted "well", but only God and Chris know how truly wiped out I really am. We stayed with Chris's daughter as the drive was too long for us both to manage. I will be glad to have my own bed tonight. I hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete