Thursday 17 December 2020

"Let nothing you dismay!"


With the continuation of my fibromyalgia flare, I have been simplifying my Christmas decorating, gift buying and so on.

Chris put a wreath on our front door and I decorated our mini Christmas tree. It sits on our coffee table measuring eighteen inches and has lights.

I have a couple of small nativity scenes on side tables in our living room- that is it for decorating this year.

I have no spoons to go shopping and have done most of my Christmas gift buying online over the year. It has saved me so much energy. These days, just getting dressed is a struggle, let alone going out shopping.

Woolworths supermarkets have a delivery service for online shoppers and I take advantage of that. I have my food list for the festive season and I will be ordering from that.

Cooking wise for Christmas Day, I will be preparing a trifle and bringing a store bought platter of nibblies and a slab of Coca Cola. We will be sharing a meal with family and friends who are all going to bring something.

I know I will be very tired after doing Christmas Day, so we will be staying overnight with family as the trip back home is nearly two hours. It's a long drive.

Gift wrapping is not a job I enjoy and with a fibro flare in full force, I feel even less like doing it. But my little granddaughter is coming to stay with us for the week, and she is chomping at the bit to help me. I can do with all the help I can get! 

Christmas with a chronic illness like fibromyalgia is a stressful time, but with a bit of planning, it is possible to get through and maybe even enjoy the day.

So I find myself ad libbing to the carol "God rest ye merry gentlemen!" by singing "God rest ye tired Glenny Hen!" followed by "let nothing you dismay..."

Let's resolve to make this Christmas a simple affair and enjoy the festive season as much as possible in spite of fibro. And remember- we will be making memories that will always be cherished in years to come. "Let nothing you dismay..."





 

No comments:

Post a Comment