Saturday 2 May 2020

We need an Ark!


The last few days here have brought heavy rains and our little stream at the back of our garden has overflowed and flooded.

Our trickling stream is a gushing torrent of water which the ducks have taken delight in as they plop into the water and get carried downstream rapidly. There's more rain forecast for the next few days.

As well as rain, the temperature has dropped to only 8C or 46.4F  Our heater has been on almost  24/7 as I feel the cold badly. Being on blood thinners, I literally have water for blood.

My fibromyalgia is flaring and I have spent most of the afternoon in bed. With my electric blanket on high.

Productivity today was low: I cooked lamb steaks and vegetables for dinner with an apple crumble dessert. 

Xena has refused to budge off the couch today because the heater is in the wall and blows warmth directly on her. 

Her trips outside are strictly to do her business, and she's back in. To be honest, I think all the rushing water is spooking her a bit.

I don't blame her at all and am glad we live on a hill with the back of the property sloping downwards in case of flooding.  It's not even winter officially till next month and already it looks like we need an Ark! 


2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you have your little farmhouse it always sounds so wonderful outside.
    Glenys do you take elderberry tea or syrup? I found this last winter it helped me not have the flu or a cold. Lots of love to you and chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mona. Yes, it's lovely outside as well as inside. We are blessed! I have never had elderberry tea or syrup. It's something I will have to look in to. We are coming in to the coldest months now. Love to you and Bruce.

    ReplyDelete