Thursday 7 May 2020

I aint no cry baby!


So a few days ago it was my birthday. The day started well with Chris giving me breakfast in bed. During the day I facetimed with my family. 

We usually go out for a meal on each other's birthday, but of course with Rona, we had a change of plans. So Chris took me to KFC drivethrough for dinner. We ordered our meal and then ate it in the carpark of Safeway, under the romantic light of the trolley bay!

The rain was belting down and we sat there reminiscing about earlier days and how different things are now.

But we never let Rona spoil our moment. At nearly 70, life teaches you many things. One thing appropriate for now is that you gotta bend or you will break..... 

Seems like at my stage of life and health, bending to difficult circumstances is the only bending I can do.... and laugh. Yes, you gotta laugh. Or else you cry. And I aint no cry baby!

Things on my to do list:

  1. Fold and put away washing
  2. Do a roast lamb in the air fryer for dinner
  3. Clean my kitchen




2 comments:

  1. Your post title caught my eye, so I had to visit! It is wonderful to see that we won't stop living, no matter what! Thanks for sharing at Encouraging Hearts and Home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for commenting today, Melynda!

    ReplyDelete