Wednesday 21 August 2024

A common thread

 




I recently saw this beautiful painting that evoked happy memories of both my childhood and my mothering days.

With a large family of seven to wash for, I usually washed three loads of laundry daily and hung it out.

So many years ago,  and a time when the days were long but the years were short. Now mostly a distant memory. I now longer can hang my clothes out.

Fibromyalgia and polymyalgia rheumatica has put paid to hanging the washing on the line. Flexing my sore muscles is so painful these days. I am forced to use the dryer.

I really loved the smell of line dried clothes and delighted in this painting with the children in the yard. 

Hanging the clothes out to me is synonymous with family life. It speaks of service to family, activity and life.

Globally, I think we can all concede that washing on the line is a common thread that unites the human family.



No comments:

Post a Comment