Saturday 30 March 2024

It's a double whammy!



I am flat out resting today, trying to cope with the pain of a flare of fibromyalgia and polymyalgia rheumatica.

Honestly, it's hard enough coping with fibromyalgia flares, let alone PMR as well. And to make it more difficult it's Easter and there are no doctors available, and it doesn't seem to be urgent enough for ER.

Usually PMR fizzles out after about 5 years, but I have had it on and off for 20, often at first mistaken for fibromyalgia. 

My doctor told me that often it leaves the sufferer with neck and shoulder arthritis, but rarely, it can last a lifetime. Lucky me.

The treatment for PMR is prednisolone but I am wondering if I should take it without my doctor's permission. I have to remember that it elevates my sugars and they have  already gotten higher without it.

After a miserable night's sleep, I took a Tramadol which has helped a little. I took paracetamol as a baseline.. I will most likely have a nana nap soon.

The fibromyalgia is making my knees and back ache and where that lies off, my neck and shoulders and jaw with pounding headache take over thanks to the polymyaglia...

All in all, I am a mess and tired of feeling like this... PMR and fibro are bad enough separately, but this is the worst of all- a double whammy! 



6 comments:

  1. I''m so sorry! I'm praying for you. ~ Gwen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gwen. Life's a challenge at the moment

      Delete
  2. Wow that's exactly what my dr said when he told me that I had RA and Fibromyalgia. Double Whammy! And it didn't take long for me to figure out what that meant. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! that is a double whammy! One is bad enough by itself. Thanks for commenting today!

      Delete
  3. Oh Glenys, sweet sister. Sending healing and peace and comfort prayers your way.
    Thank you so much for sharing this with Sweet Tea & Friends this month my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for praying for me, Paula...much appreciated.

      Delete