Wednesday 26 July 2023

That to me is true love

 



So I have had such a flare up of my fibromyalgia that I went back to bed leaving a kitchen full of dirty dishes. Dishes that sat on my draining boards and in my sink.

I just needed to recoup some spoons and I was hoping to awake with at least enough to clean my kitchen.

You can imagine my joy and surprise when I woke up a few hours later to find that Chris had run the dishwasher and wiped down my kitchen benches! 

Now those of you who suffer from chronic illness, especially fibromyalgia know that we can become victims of the rollercoaster of emotions. Grateful tears ran down my cheeks and I rushed to Chris and hugged him tightly. 

He was surprised at my emotional response to his help, but it wasn't just a helping hand in home duties. It was a feeling of nurture and love. Especially when he is battling with severe health issues himself.

It was an act that solidified our union as a team, our home as important, and his wife as cherished. And this cherished wife was very aware and very encouraged. Why? you ask. 

Because I know exactly how many scarce spoons it took him to do this. And that to me, is true love.



No comments:

Post a Comment