Thursday 8 June 2023

You better go check yours out!

 


So as you know I have been having problems staying awake. Even after 8 hours of sleep, I battle keeping my eyes open during the day.

This has had me perplexed and I have blamed my fibromyalgia, which still may be a part of what I have been struggling with, but certainly not all.

Going through my refrigerator last week, I sorted through the side top shelf on the door where I keep Chris's insulin injections and my thyroxin. Checking the dates, I was shocked to see that my thyroxin was out of date by two months!

I quickly discarded them and put a new week of indate tablets in my pill container for the week. No wonder I have had peeling skin off my face, hair loss and fatigue...

It's been 6 days so far with little change, but I would expect the synthetic thyroid hormone to build up in my system soon... I am hoping I don't have to wait long.

I am so switched on with medications and foods and so on that have a limited shelf life, but this time, it fell through the cracks...

Considering I have been battling a long term fibromyalgia flare for about 10 months... yes nearly 11 months since moving here, I guess I have to cut myself some slack. Nevertheless, when I discovered the out of date meds, I did tell myself  that I am an old sausage! And I am!  You better go check yours out! 




4 comments:

  1. Sorry to read this. I have had this happen to me in the past. Also I have issues when travelling with the medication as it is meant to be kept refrigerated. Years ago the airlines use to put it in their fridges for me but I find they no longer will. My thyroid stats have been out since traveling back and forward to Fiji. The Sydney doctors say there is no point testing until at least 6 weeks have passed. I hope you notice improvement well before this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't recovered from it yet... I have been given new Levonoxine (sic?) that is thyroid replacement that doesn't need refrigeration... ask your doctor, Lee.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I will check this out. Not sure why they have not mentioned it considering they knew I was travelling. It seems nothing gets mentioned unless I bring it up. I guess there are just too many issues when living with chronic illness, even for the doctor to keep on top of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee... the correct spelling is LEVOTHYROXINE SODIUM

      Delete