Friday 1 October 2021

Today was a washout.

 

We had an interesting day. On our way to the doctor and chemist, we found a roadblock because of the heavy flooding we've experienced these last few days. So we tried 3 other ways, only to find a police block on the third. The road has been washed away.

Our small township is cut off from travel at the moment, so we had to cancel. The receptionist got the doctor to ring us but it didn't do me much good as I was needing my blood pressure taken. More rain is forecast for the next 10 days. 

My orthopaedic surgeon for my damaged knee was cancelled as well. We are quite happy to stay home with 1400 new Covid cases today in Victoria including 22 from our area. I may not reschedule as I am determined not to have surgery as hospitals are best to be avoided at the moment. 

I have been shopping for extras in case of emergency, so it paid off today when we couldn't get out. I have plenty of medications in the house too. I am so glad I did some planning.

My only grumble was that we had to shower, dress and leave the house for nothing. My fibromyalgia pain is at a disabling level. I think the weather has caused a major flare. 

After dinner I will be getting back in my PJ's and taking a Tramadol and curling up with my electric blanket. At least the night won't be a washout. Today certainly was.

This is what met us trying to get out of our township.



2 comments:

  1. I was interested to read your post today as we have been in lockdown in Sydney NSW since June 222nd. I find the whole Dr thing at the moment a bit difficult. I think many people are putting off medical things. The thought of having to go to the hospital when they keep telling us how overwhelmed the hospital system is from the virus is a bit worrying, to say the least. Thanks for joining in at Fibro Blogger Directory each and every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you are right. People are putting off medical things. I was not allowed to be with Chris in ER and I resolved not to have surgery on my knee. Because of comorbidities and risks, I would be initially in ICU. I couldn't stand to not see Chris whilst I was in there. Hospitals at the moment are a good place to stay clear of. Thanks for hosting Fibro Blogger directory and thanks also for sharing a cuppa with me today. Be blessed!

    ReplyDelete