Monday 30 November 2020

A restful reward

 

With the weather warming up, the fabulous bird life has returned from their migration up north. Every day there's a wide variety of minors, parrots, cockatoos, mudlarks, magpies, rosellas and corellas and kookaburras. And of course, there's crows and their cousins, pied corrowongs.

We keep the bird feeder stacked with seed and we also throw our scraps to them and they literally wait for us. In fact, no sooner is that back sliding door opened, than the magpies alight to snatch away the bread we've thrown. They are almost tame and even knock on the door for us to feed them.

This is so restful and when my fibromyalgia is flaring, I often lay on the couch and watch them. 

Lately, my fibromyalgia has been bad and even though I need to rest during the day, I don't necessarily need or want to be in bed, so I have found bird watching to be something I look forward to. Obviously, if I fall asleep, it doesn't matter. But feeding and watching the birds has a calming effect on me and I love it.

Today my to do list consists of washing a couple of loads of clothes and doing the dishes. I didn't get them done last night and they haven't miraculously disappeared. No, they are waiting patiently for my attention. 

With muscles cramping and spoons all used- obviously part of those waiting to be washed- I am meting out my limited energy with a zeal reserved only for survival these days.

I best get it done, even if it is in short bursts of energy. Eventually they will disappear and I have the birds to watch and amuse me as a reward afterwards.


4 comments:

  1. It sounds so wonderful, I love bird song its so relaxing to hear the their unique song the Lord has given them! love to you both! Hey Chris, men wash dishes too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so blessed to have the birds as we have always loved them. Chris agrees that men wash dishes too.... but he prefers to dry them. So it depends on my spoons when and if they get washed... trouble Mona, is that Chris has no shame. Not when it comes to washing dishes! lol thanks for taking tea with me today my friend.

      Delete
  2. Glenys those parrots are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are- and they are becoming tame! Funny thing is Xena is frightened by them and runs away when they squawk at her. Now the crows do worry me as she is so tiny and looks like a newborn lamb from afar. I fear that a hawk or eagle may take her. But as she is so timid with birds, I think she will be safe. Lovely to share a cuppa with you today, Helen!

      Delete