Tuesday 30 January 2024

I'm in love with my new maidservant



As you probably know, I cannot bend anymore. Thanks to back issues and torn knee ligaments, bending is a thing of the past.

I had a front loader and it was so difficult bending to load and unload it that I opted to sell it and buy a top loader.

As I am 4' 10", I have problems getting garments out of large machines, but I need one large enough to wash my doona and pillow in.

I ordered a 8kgs Haier machine and I am so pleased with it. It is large enough to wash bedding and yet small enough that I don't need a step ladder to reach inside it.

Muscle pain from fibromyalgia and polymyalgia rheumatica is lessened with washing with this new machine as I am not bending as with the older one or stretching to fetch a left over sock in the tub...

It probably is silly to some people that I post about my new maidservant, but it has saved me quite a lot of pain and expense. To wash bedding, I used to have to go to the laundrymat, which is very pricey these days.

It actually is a thrill to be able to add the leftover facewasher or something into the already started load and I love watching the clothes move smoothly around the tub. Unlike the front loader which just made me ill if I watched it too long...

I didn't realise how much I missed the simple pleasures of watching the clothes come clean. I guess you can say I'm in love with my new maidservant!



No comments:

Post a Comment