Monday 25 July 2022

More spoons to enjoy life.



We have just moved and we are both quite tired still. Although the house is functional, there's still a lot of unpacking to do.

This weekend, two of our grandchildren wanted to come see us and give us their verdict of the new house. Knowing that memories are all we will have once they are grown, we agreed to have them.

Although I am suffering from a bad fibromyalgia flare, I got dressed and stayed up in order to spend time with them.

We cooked lunch together and watched family videos of when they were first born and growing up. It was fun but it was also non taxing to my sore body. 

Today I am expecting a lady to come clean for a couple of hours. She did such a good job of cleaning our old house for our bond return, that I asked her if she would like to do a regular clean for us once a fortnight. She agreed.

With my poor daughter suffering from fibromyalgia as well and now living two minutes away, she also agreed to clean her house after ours each fortnight as well.

Both my daughter and I are finding just cooking, cleaning our kitchen, doing washing, grocery shopping, running errands like going to the chemist, planning finances and feeding our pets is enough of a job. We need some extra help.

There's very little help here for chronically ill people who can't do housework. What little we did get has been stopped since a new government has taken over the reins. So we have to pay privately.

I am grateful that I can save enough each fortnight to afford a cleaner's help. It not only keeps my home clean, but gives me more spoons to enjoy life.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are able to afford to have some help around the house, Glenys. It's so important to conserve your spoons. (I do understand as my son's partner suffers from Chronic Fatigue / ME.) I'm sorry your daughter now has fibromyalgia as well. I am glad your move is complete and you are starting to settle in. Thank you so much for being a part of Hearth and Soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poor girl! Fibromyalgia is akin to ME as it causes chronic fatigue which unfortunately is not relieved with sleep. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of Hearth and Soul. I haven't posted much at all lately but hope to pick it up again now we have moved.

      Delete